You change your life by changing your heart. -Max Lucado

Sunday, September 21, 2014

On Writing...

I haven't written a new poem since before Easter of this year. I remember a time when I used to write ALL the time. I'm not sure where that drive and motivation went, but I want to start writing more. It is hard, though, between work, helping Bella with her homework, dinner, bath, etc. I just finished writing this poem and wanted to share. Hopefully I'll have more to share coming soon.

Enjoy!


The night sky blazes

With millions of stars,

I travel on through

But don’t get very far.

Gravity holds me down

When I don’t want to drown.

I want to reach for

What I believe in - -

The universe holds my dreams.

The sunny days drench

The earth with its kiss,

Holding tight so as

Not to miss

The growth from within,

And the reason to win.

I want to reach for

What I believe in - -

The world is my stage.

I dance to the music

And sing in the rain

My heart is on fire

To melt away the pain

Let me see what others

Fail to see

When I reach for

What I believe in - -

The Lord is a lamp at my feet. (Ps. 119)

To guide me through

The darkest days

No comments:

Post a Comment